Oldie's Research:

This Week : I Will Survive

I Will Survive" is a song first performed by Gloria Gaynor, released in October 1978. It was written by Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris.
The song's lyrics describe a narrator who finds personal strength while recovering from a break-up; it has often been used as an anthem[citation needed] of female empowerment, a gay anthem, and HIV/AIDS awareness - and is a firm favourite on the karaoke circuit. It is one of the most famous disco songs of all time, and easily Gaynor's biggest hit; it received massive airplay in 1979, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100, also reaching number one in the UK the next day. The song was originally released as the B-side to a Gaynor song called "Substitute", a track thought to have more potential for mainstream success by her record label.

The was Later Covered by "Cake"
The alternative rock band Cake covered the song in a rock style in 1996 on the album Fashion Nugget. This version was considered controversial because lead singer John McCrea altered the lyric to "I should have changed my fucking lock". Despite this, the track was released as the albums lead-off single. This is Gloria Gaynor's least favorite version of the song due to its use of profanity[1].

Review: This Song Is Very UNSUITABLE For Couples on Valentine's Day,
Its lyric is about, A poor Boy/man (for cake's version) trying to stand up again to prove her :" I will survive without your love. And I had! "
Talking about Musical Performance, the beat is easy and smooth, Not heavy metals, 80's rock style, kinda similar "modern pop". For me, It brings a kind of Relief, and a Jazzy mood. The vocalist uses a calm tone, worth learning!! The Overall performance, considered remarkable.

here goes the Lyric
~

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strongI learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid( for cake's version : fucking) lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now'
cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye( cake's: Break me with desire)
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my broken heart
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up highand you see me
( with)somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person
still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in
and just expect me to be free
now I'm saving all my loving
for someone who's loving me

Due to the unique taste of the lyric:

There's a funny ( or offensive, for christians) video circulating in YOUTUBE:

( vocal: Gloria's version)



Enjoy~
( dont flame me, I didn't create it ^^)

0 thoughts: